Monday, March 30, 2015


Well this week was pretty fun. I want to first start off by saying my 6 month mark is on April 8th, and I cant believe I have been gone 6 months already! It's crazy. And it seems like a lot of crazy stuff has been happening down in AZ. And I thought it was crazy in Quincy. I saw in the paper that one of our investigators got arrested twice in the same week. He is a crazy weed freak, and he is not really an investigator. He just likes missionaries. Me and elder smith went to his house once and he was still high from smoking weed. Me and elder tanner have been trying to get in with him lately but we cant. So thats fun. One really cool experience yesterday, is that we had fast and testimony meeting and one of our spanish investigators got up and bore her testimony! It was so powerful, and she talked about how she felt a peace in the church. Her testimony sealed the deal that she will be baptized. I have no doubt about it. So the only problem is marriage. They arent married yet. So I am super excited for that! And we have been going to George, Washington alot, and we have been finding investigators out there, and have been doing service at a library. So it has been super fun. 

Me and Elder Tanner will hopefully go to Uncle Jeffs again, they are super fun. I love them a lot, and it feels like I have known them for a long time. I do have to say, my basketball skills have improved greatly since being out here on the mission. 

I am trying not to be a stick in the mud, and I dont want to be that boring missionary, so dont worry mom, I am with you.

Last week I read a talk by Tad R. Callister called A Consecrated Missionary and it is really good, and is probably one of the best tool of becoming the bestest missionary ever.  So that is awesome. 

I also just want to say thank goodness for the Plan of Happiness. Without it, life on earth would be pointless. And the fact that we can go to heaven with our families brings happiness to me and a surety that God love me and everyone of us.

And real quick before I go, I got bit by a chihuahua this week and it hurt. There are so many of those little buggers around here and all they do is yap yap yap. 

But anyways, the mission is awesome, we are teaching a lot more people and we are hoping to find those who are already ready to be baptized! And also, it is a commandment to share the gospel with everyone, so dont fear to share the gospel! Fear and doubt are the opposite of faith!

Love Elder Caskey


No comments:

Post a Comment