Monday, February 2, 2015

Great Week

So this week was pretty crazy! On Wednesday, one of the sisters in the ward asked us to do a little MTC training for the activity day girls. It was pretty fun, and at the end we got to dress up like Americanized Mexicans, and speak Spanish to them! That was pretty fun.

One of our investigators this week played an accordion for us, and they were both pretty old ha-ha. One of our most solid investigator families, the kids were put on date for baptism, all three! So we should be getting some baptisms here pretty soon! Also, I have been a little sick with a sore throat and stuffy nose this weekend, so that sucks. But on Sunday, we were able to have 11 investigators at church! And there were more investigators at church than members! So that was really crazy. My comp said, he has never gotten that many investigators at church.

Also, each day we keep track of how many people we talked to, and since I have been here, we have talked to 700 plus people. Crazy! Also, on Sunday, we were able to have dinner at the branch presidents house, and we played with their kids for a few minutes, and they were crazy, and we have a few pictures of them. Anyways, that was my week, and it was pretty awesome!

Thanks for the talk, I like it alot! I remember reading it in the last general conference ensign. There are a lot of good talks

I like all of these, cause it really does show what we can do to approach the throne of god with confidence. I know that I dont want to be a person who goes up only thinking about all the wrongs I did. I want to think about how I repented of those wrongs and chose to go up there with a positive outlook, and showing the lord all the good things I have done. Thanks for this talk, I really love it!

Approaching the Throne of God with Confidence

1. Take responsibility for your own spiritual well-being
2. Take responsibility for your own physical well-being
3. Embrace voluntary, wholehearted obedience as part of your life
4. Become really, really good at repenting thoroughly and quickly
5. Become really, really good at forgiving
6. Accept trials, setbacks, and “surprises” as part of your mortal experience







 

No comments:

Post a Comment