Monday, June 15, 2015


Hi, this week has been really good! But first, let me answer your questions. Elder Fraser is from Thatcher, Utah. And on Wednesday, I am getting a new companion. His name is Elder Womack. So that is exciting. Elder Smith, my trainer is going to be in the Yakima mission, so I wont see him for a while. I learn a lot everyday, and there isnt anything specific that I study. Something that has been on my mind is when we ask members for people to teach and they say "Oh I don't think they are ready", or "I am still working on them". As members, we cannot decide when they are ready or not. We must always share the gospel, at all times. The prophets have commanded us. "Every member a missionary"!!!! Now I am not saying you guys do that, but a lot of people do. And sometimes it is out of fear. BUT FEAR IS THE OPPOSITE OF FAITH!!! I still have a little fear as we walk around and talk to people. Sometimes (not all the time) I have a bad attitude about talking with people. But guess what, get over it! When we as missionaries talk with everyone, we show God that we are willing to find those who he has prepared. I have seen so many blessings from talking with everyone. We  have someone getting baptized this Saturday, because we knocked on his door, looking for someone who was ready. So have some faith, and share the gospel! It will bless your guys's lives so greatly! 

Anyways, this week was awesome, we have found a lot of cool people. We have 7 people getting ready to be baptized! One this week, 2 on the 4th of July, and 4 on the 11th of July. Also, I will be staying in Umatilla for 6 more weeks! One cool story from yesterday, we went to go see an investigator, and he wasn't home but his brother was. And so we talked to him, and taught the restoration and we committed to read and pray. He said "I promise". That was super cool. Then we committed him to be baptized and he accepted! It was so cool! There are so many awesome people like that, I love it! Anyways, I love you guys so much! Keep sending me pics too! I will send some! I love you guys, and please send that package! And any other things you would like to send me, that would be greatly appreciated!

Love Elder Caskey



No comments:

Post a Comment